10 February 2016
I’dECO General Meeting
- Date: Wednesday, 10 February 2016
- Time: 9pm – 10pm
- Venue: Elm Buttery
- Chairs: Tan Weiliang
- Secretary: Elizabeth Heng
|1||Proposed Reorganisation of I’dECO||2100 – 2125|
|2||Project Updates||2125 – 2140|
|3||Proposed timeline for SSN||2140 – 2150|
|4||SSN: Discussion of Key Pointers (to skip if insufficient time)
||2150 – 2200|
Proposed reorganization of I’dECO: Weiliang’s proposal to sort the seven projects into three clusters was agreed upon by everyone present at the meeting. The projects will be grouped into the following clusters: Research (Sustainability Blueprint, Sustainable Events & Dining Hall),Experiential (Urban Farming & Experiential Learning) and Education (Environmental Education & Publicity and Public Education). This restructuring will be effective immediately, except for the Education cluster which will only be in place proper after the Chilli Padi Academy workshops run by the current Environmental Education group finish (i.e. after recess week). Cluster meetings will be held monthly to enable more interaction. Most importantly, the re-organization is to allow more room for members to start their own projects, whether long- or short-term.
- Sustainable Events: Chris O’Connell (Dos Office) will speak to the DoS staff about implementing the sustainable checklist in their office.
- Urban Farming: The ‘No Dairy’ food challenge began on Wednesday and runs for a week — all I’dECO members are welcome to join us! We’ve also bought new items for the farm, including a chalkboard on which we wrote what we grew and harvested on Wednesday morning; this board can be found in the Cendana student commons overlooking the farm. Banner painting for the farm will happen next Tuesday evening.
- Welfare: Jerald sent out an email earlier today with the results of the welfare survey. Two events have been confirmed: (1) Informal lunch @ Saga Dining Hall, 17 Feb (Wed), 12pm; (2) Casual picnic @ Utown Green, 20 Feb (Sat), 12pm. Come join us and meet new and old friends from I’dECO!
- Environmental Education: The Chilli Padi Academy workshops will be held on the Yale-NUS campus from 23-28 February. I’dECO members are welcome to sit on the sessions focused on leadership training, as well as to the following events: (1) Visit to Jurong Skygarden aka Mdm Kamisah’s farm, 27 Feb (Sat), 7-10am; (2) Lunch session and presentations by participants on their projects, 28 Feb (Sun), 11-12pm.
- Earth Hour: Still in the planning stages; aiming to increase publicity of the concert within Yale-NUS.
- Sustainability Blueprint: Writing sessions will resume this weekend. Most of the writing will be done during recess week.
We also ran through the timeline for the Sustainable Solutions Network. The full timeline can be found in the SSN proposal, but I’ve also attached it here for everyone’s convenience. We also briefly discussed having a membership fee for the SSN to hold participants accountable to showing up, but agreed that having them pay a refundable deposit would be a better idea. Discussions on this have been tabled until we know more about the financial support the college